About the Team
The CCB Business Modeling Center of Excellence is an intellectually diverse team of statisticians, operations researchers, economists, engineers, and other analytics professionals, focused on quantitative modeling within CCB at JPMorgan Chase & Co. The team answers complex and unique questions, utilizing cutting edge quantitative and computational techniques and leveraging one of the world's largest repositories of consumer data. We work closely with our partners throughout JPMorgan Chase to assess and execute critical business decisions.
Members of the team work in a variety of business domains including Marketing, Finance, and Operations on such topics as deposit pricing, credit card marketing, cash logistics, collections, and more. Members can also contribute to the development of cutting-edge infrastructure and automation as part of the Applied AI domain. Responsibilities, Qualifications, and Preferred Responsibilities
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of business processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Own the full modeling lifecycle, including defining the objective and key decision variables, choosing appropriate methodologies, performing advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets, and communicating results
- Develop presentations to summarize and deliver key messages to partners and stakeholders.
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the statistical, optimization and/or machine learning modeling discipline.
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the organization by bringing in new knowledge, ideas, and perspectives.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or equivalent quantitative field. Ph.D. is a plus.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to present analytical findings and exercise influence across all levels of the organization.
- 3+ years (with PhD) or 5+ years (with Masters) experience in developing machine learning, optimization, and/or statistical models to solve real world problems (e.g. Classification, Regression, or Recommender Systems).
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one programming language is required, with Python preferred.
- Strong analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability of thinking outside the box.
- The CCB Business Modeling Center of Excellence is engaged in work in a variety of business domains that leverage knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Time-Series (e.g. Seasonal Decomposition, ARIMAX, Vector Autoregression)
- Optimization (e.g. MIP, Non-linear, Black-Box)
- Classification (e.g. Probit/Logit, Logistic Regression)
- The following experiences are preferred, but not required:
- Familiarity with big-data environments (e.g. Hadoop, Spark).
- Model development experience on a cloud development platform.
- Banking & Financial Services background or experience.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans