Morning, noon, and night, we rely on our team of Crew Members to be the face of Johnnys. We count on you to take great care of our customers, making them glad they stopped in every time. From greeting customers with a smile to working at the checkout counter to making fresh food and beverages, youre the key to turning shoppers into loyal customers and helping us connect to our community. What Youll Do
What Youll Need
- Say hello and thank you to every customer, making it fun to shop at Johnnys.
- Listen to customer requests or concerns, and share them with the management team.
- Operate the cash register and give customers proper change.
- Request personal ID for customers buying alcohol or tobacco as required by federal and state laws.
- Follow directions to make Johnnys coffee and food turn out delicious every time.
- Refill store shelves, displays, and coolers as needed throughout your shift.
- Do housekeeping as needed to keep the store fresh and clean.
- Take care of other tasks assigned by your manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and courteously with customers, vendors, co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to accurately count cash and make change.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach horizontally and above the shoulder, grasp, and push buttons.
- Ability to read and interpret operating manuals, instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift weights up to 50 lbs., and frequently carry weights up to 15 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
At Johnnys, we give customers our best every day, and thats how we treat our employees, too. Your work is important to us, so as a part-time Johnnys employee, you can look forward to:
Get to Know Johnnys
- Competitive pay: work your way up and earn raises after 60 days, 6 months, and then every year
- Medical fixed payment indemnity (after 60 days)
- LifeWorks employee assistance program (after 60 days)
- 401K with company match (age 18+, after 6 months of service)
- Up to 40 hours paid sick leave per year (after 90 days) and holiday premium pay
You can feel good about working for Johnnys. Our family-owned, Michigan-based chain of convenience stores can now be found at more than 60 Shell gas stations across Michigan and Northern Indiana, giving people a fun, friendly place to find a great cup of coffee, yummy snacks for the road, and home and car necessities. Wherever we go, we work hard to be a bright spot in the community, doing our best to Be More, Be Good, and Be Neighborly. Come join our team!