Job DescriptionMission Summary:
Provide business analysis, and support for existing and new systems for the Information Technology Department. This includes ensuring the support of end users, mill specific systems, applications and process IT. Maintains stability, integrity, and efficient operation of manufacturing technologies that support the mills such as PI, Proficy, ERP, Data historian, Process Technology and various mill systems. Serve as site liaison between Mills, Corporate IT, vendors and other Corporate Business Units. This role may expand into other projects and support as necessary.JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Job functions include, but are not limited to the following)
Business Analysis/Project Management /IT Systems Support
- Provide Mill Systems and Applications support
- Project Management and support
- Software and Hardware installs/upgrades
- Configuration and support of System Interfaces
- Production and Process systems support
- Coordinate efforts with ERP, Infrastructure, NTT and IT teams
- Support full life cycle of local IT Equipment. This includes pc's, laptops, tablets, shop floor, RF terminals, phones, network and security devices etc. per GPI standards
- Work with incoming tickets to resolve application and system issues
- Accurately document instances of system failure, repair, installation, and removal
- Apply test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been resolved
- Analysis of logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring system performance
- Effectively coordinate between departments to solve problems
- Prepare for and adhere to change control, security per policy and audit requirements
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation for processes and systems
- Production & Label Printers (Installation, troubleshoot, configuration)
- Inventory and device management
- Coordinate vendor warranty and break/fix work
- Assist in desktop/server/LAN procurement process
- On call support as required
- Provide support for local IT Process, Systems and Engineering projects
- Mill Systems Support per GPI standards (hardware, software, backup, recovery, configuration)
- Process Technology Support as required
(General duties include, but are not limited to the following)
Required SkillsSPECIFIC SKILLS:
- Application, Systems and Process Technology Support for GPI Mills
- Systems and Application Testing
- Test Plans, cases and documentation development
- System Design & Reporting
- Lead local projects to upgrade current mill IT systems and implement new technologies
- Organize business requirements for application changes and new requests.
- Coordination of periodic business and vendor meetings.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Support all Process Improvement Initiatives
- Ensure that all related policies and processes are followed
- Coordination with Enterprise & Division teams
- On call support as required.
- Escalates any issues that can't be resolved
- Periodic travel - less than 25%
- Performs other duties as assigned
(General duties include, but are not limited to the following)
- Experience in IT related support roles and Management systems, Manufacturing, related system processes and technologies preferred
- Analytical and System Design Skills
- Project Leadership skill
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft related products
- Windows server, SQL and IIS
- Virtualization Technology including VMware
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy and Windows administration
- Experience with IT systems and infrastructure
- Significant knowledge of desktop, laptop and server administration
- Strong analytical skills
- System/Project Deployment, configuration, documentation and training
- Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done.
- Experience in facilitating & gathering requirements and problem management sessions
- Ability to operate effectively either independently or in teams, making progress on tasks while dealing with potential process and project ambiguity
- Strong personal organization skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to address both technical and non-technical audiences
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Ethics and Values
- Customer Focus
- Organizational Agility
- Learning on the Fly
- Priority Setting
- Functional/Technical Skills
- 4-year college degree in general or IT-Related field preferred. Equivalent work experience considered.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With over 25,000 employees working in more than 130 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at .
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.