What we do:Rain for Rent moves water every day. We are the leading provider of temporary liquid handling solutions and are known for our systems engineering expertise, ability to tackle complex jobs cost effectively, and providing high value to organizations with critical liquid management issues. Our experienced teams, backed by skilled engineers, are continually working to redefine what is expected from a liquids handling provider by developing new equipment and harnessing technology for the most demanding environments. Our Rain for Rent solutions exceed customers expectations for service and quality for their water-handling, irrigation and temporary liquid-storage problems. We strive to effectively and efficiently complete projects safely, on time and the right the first time.
To learn more about us please check out our website here. ()
Rain for Rents employees are proud to work for this family owned business which has been in business for more than 80 years. We are committed to providing consistent, quality products and services to customers across the U.S., Canada and the UK from more than 65 locations. Honesty and integrity are valued at Rain for Rent and employees are committed to exceeding expectations for service and quality to our customers.
As the Business Application Manager, you will work closely with functional leaders and subject matter experts in documenting business requirements, training materials and conducting user acceptance testing across our IT development, software integration and configuration projects related to our ERP business application - Baseplan including Vertex and an integrated Quoting application. The Business Application Manager will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle, from project/feature backlog prioritization, requirement engineering, and development oversight through testing, release and support for ERP modules serving our end users in Finance, Purchasing, Fleet, Equipment Rental Operations and Maintenance. Acting as a liaison between business and technology, creative problem solving, impeccable communication and attention to detail are key skills expected in this role. This individual will also be responsible for point and click administration and configuration of key systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with business users and managers during the project initiation phase: setting project and feature backlog priorities, and defining scope
- Develop detailed business & functional requirements, including use cases, user stories and wireframes
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing and user training
- Provide administration and configuration of Baseplan ERP platform
- End to end project management of small to mid-sized projects
- Provide ongoing consulting and expertise in key areas of focus
- Work with software providers and internal developers to ensure we are implementing latest features as appropriate and adhering to best practices for the software product(s) and integrations.
- Maintain system user accounts and security options.
- Performs routine maintenance activities of application systems and programs.
- Provides first tier application troubleshooting and analysis for application systems.
- Performs technical testing for patches and application updates.
- Performs database queries in support of technical and functional work
- Provides functional support/guidance for the development of custom developed reports.
- Provides and maintains documentation of processes and procedures and trains super users as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have 2 years of previous business analyst experience developing detailed business & functional requirements, conducting User Acceptance Testing and end user training
- Previous experience developing requirements for ERP project or implementation
- Previous ERP administration or system management experience required
- Strong Experience in SQL query and business accounting required
- Relational Databases/SQL experience with an understanding of system integrations
- Previous higher education experience, specifically in the areas of focus
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment preferred
- High degree of competence with Microsoft Desktop environment and knowledgeable of segregation of duties in a lean I.T. environment.
- Specific experience with Baseplan ERP is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have excellent problem solving, documentation and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on ERP and all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes
- Experience in business process, process mapping, root cause analysis is preferred
- Strong understanding of business processes related to accounting & finance is required
- Equipment rental experience is a plus
What we offer: Advancing your career through company provided training and development A competitive base salary paid on a weekly basis Nine paid holidays and paid time off program Tuition reimbursement Employees also participate in excellent Benefits () including: Medical, dental, vision and a matching 401k plan
When you join the Rain for Rent team, you will have the opportunity to make friends in the course of doing good business and can contribute positively to your community. The choice is easy. Join the Rain for Rent team today.
Rain for Rent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)