OverviewOpportunity: Banquet Server
Set up banquet rooms and serve food and/or beverages in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.Potential Career Path
Banquet Captain - Assistant Banquet Manager -Banquet ManagerEssential Job Functions
- Set up banquet room as instructed by supervisor.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Respond to guest special requests and resolve guest complaints.
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM's EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits; wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Food service experience a plus.
- Ability to remember and recite menu items.
What We Believe
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 35 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
People Are Our Capability - Hearts That Serve - Only Excellence - Stay Nimble - Own ItAbout UsAn ideal hotel in the coveted Dupont Circle neighborhood, The St. Gregory Hotel sits within walking distance of the city's most iconic neighborhoods including boutique-filled Georgetown and the restaurant filled Foggy Bottom. Guests can easily stroll along the Potomac River and explore the monuments and memorials of the National Mall, or wander Georgetown's charming cobblestone streets. Whether you're in town for business or pleasure, The St. Gregory Hotel is the ideal place to stay and relax in the heart of Washington's most sought-after neighborhood. HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.