Backend Software Engineer / Developer (Rust Elm Elixir Functional Italian ) Remote UK WFH . Are you an English and Italian speaking technologist who enjoys being challenged and working with a range of programming languages to use the right tool for the job?
You could be progressing your career at a growing a hugely successful European car insurance tech company as they expand their UK presence.
As a Backend Software Engineer you will design and develop new backend functionality which enables extremely fast real-time insurance quotes, there are a number of technical challenges around scalability, speed and real-time data performance. You'll be collaboratively problem solving remotely with the team in Italy and using a range of programming languages and paradigms with a focus on functional programming with Rust, Elm and Elixir.
There's a remote interview and onboarding process and you can work from home fulltime or join colleagues in the London office in a hybrid model (as and when you want to go in).
- You're a technologist who enjoys collaborating and problem solving
- You have a range of backend development skills - ideally with commercial Rust, Elm and / or Elixir, however you could come from a Ruby, Scala or Python background
- You're keen to work with functional programming languages
- You have a thorough understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as OOP, Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns
- You have experience with scalable, high volume, distributed systems
- You have fluent English and Italian languages skills
As a Backend Software Engineer / Developer you will earn a competitive salary (to £120k) plus benefits.
Apply now or call to find out more about this Backend Software Engineer / Developer (Rust Elm Elixir Functional Italian ) opportunity.