Boys Town Job Summary:
Are you a car aficionado? Can you tinker your way around any engine and find the cause and repair needed to keep it running? If you're great with gears and motors and equally obsessed about accurate paperwork and work orders, Boys Town has the ideal position for you. An Automotive Mechanic at Boys Town provides regular maintenance and repair for the vehicles and other small motors that are crucial to the organizational operations. Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, inspects, and repairs campus vehicles and machinery.
- Conducts inspections and performs routine and preventative maintenance campus vehicles and equipment including automotive, diesel, hydraulic, electrical, and marine; repairs small engines such as lawn mowers and chain saws.
- Assesses work orders and determines appropriate methods of repairs.
- Maintains record of completed work, hours worked, and materials used; assists in maintaining parts inventory, physical inspections, and computer generated reports.
- Maintains shop facilities and equipment for maintenance repairs and safety.
- Fabricates specialty steel products including grates and wire mesh partitions.
- Analyzes vehicle systems through print manuals and computer-aided testing to determine appropriate repair.
- Drives Boys Town vehicles as needed to complete duties of the job.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagans Boys Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of a broad range of automotive mechanic practices, techniques, tools, equipment, and safety procedures. Knowledge of repairs to multiple makes and models vehicle systems.
- Ability to read automotive schematics and to understand and interpret written and verbal instructions.
- Skills in installation, repair, or restoration automotive vehicles and components.
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to organize assigned tasks for completion.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent; vocational training is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in automotive mechanics.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays if needed; this position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
- ASE Certification preferred.
Position requires moderate to heavy physical activity having to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds without assistance and 100 pounds with assistance. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Due to the nature of the work, it requires agility to work in difficult locations such as under a car. May work at heights of 10 feet or more. Time may be spent outdoors where temperatures may vary from excessive heat to extreme cold or in a shop environment, which includes dust, noise, and some discomfort due to temperature. About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference. Our employees are our supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. Date Posted:
September 7, 2022 This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-.