Join our Weatherization team!
The Weatherization Auditor will perform e nergy audits and home assessments while using software to determine cost-effective weatherization measures to improve the home's efficiency. The person in this position will conduct He a l t h and S afety assessments to look for potential h azards and recommend measures, estimate cost, materials needed, and create contractor work proposals to weatherize and improve homes. The person in this position must be available to work a 10 hour day, 4 days a week, Monday-Thursday. Candidates must submit applications by 08/25 to be considered for first-round interviews. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate's Degree in related field, or certification from a 2-year College or Technical School plus work, military, or volunteer experience.
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Understanding basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office, internet searches, timesheets, and email.
- General knowledge of construction codes, tools, materials, and procedures.
- Ability to perform general construction repairs.
- Proficiencies in measurements, math, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and HVAC desirable.
- Experience and ability to operate power/hand tools and testing devices.
- Effective communication skills required. Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Russian helpful but not required.
- Ability to think critically with strong problem-solving skills.
- Valid driver license and insured vehicle available for use on the job. Satisfactory drive record for previous three years.
- Candidate must pass a pre-employment respirator fit test, pre-employment drug screen, and physical examination.
- Candidate must pass a comprehensive MWVCAA background screening prior to employment.
- This position is subject to MWVCAA's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
- Candidates with Building Performance Institute certifications preferred but not required.
- New hires must obtain required certification within 1 year of hire.
- Required to frequently reach with hands and arms; regularly required to climb or balance; occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must have the ability to kneel, crouch, or crawl and attic spaces.
- Manual dexterity for handling equipment.
- Regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, distance vision, close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Potential risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other conditions. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face coverings may be required. Respirator mask use is required for some duties.
COVID-19 Alert : This position includes performing essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic and potential exposure to others who may be infected with the virus. I understand that if I am feeling unwell or have knowledge that I have had contact with an individual with a positive COVID-19 test, I will report it to my supervisor and and that I must use available PPE and practice social distancing whenever possible according to agency policies. MWVCAA is committed to promoting and achieving diversity, equity, and inclusion with employees and with those we serve. The agency strives to be an employer of choice with a vision for all people to be respected for their infinite worth and supported to envision and reach a positive future. MWVCAA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, veterans, and people with disabilities or any other protected category. We welcome all people to join us in achieving our Mission. If you require any assistance in the application process, or reasonable accommodations to perform the essential duties of the position, please notify a member of our team at .
- Indoor and outdoor work environment with frequent interruptions and demands.
- Exposure to trash and potential biohazards.