At LBMC, we are built on individuals with entrepreneurial spirits. Our offices are in growth mode and from we grew more than 25%, ranked in the top 5 for pacesetters in the US, named public accounting firm in the Southeast, and jumped 8 places in Accounting Today's Top 100 firms list - landing at nationally. LBMC values hiring individuals with a growth mindset and are looking to add to our industry-leading practice, so if you have an innate curiosity for solving problems and creating solutionsLBMC is the place for you!
LBMC offers industry-leading benefits for employees including flexible work schedules, mentorship programs, dynamic technology solutions, financial incentives for training/certifications, and vibrant company events. Unique to the public accounting space, LBMC offers professional growth opportunities through curated organizations such as the Womens Initiative Network, Lending Hands community initiative, Young Professionals group, and robust Talent Development offerings.
This Staff Accountant role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about auditing and is looking to step into a highly visible role with sophisticated clients. You would be joining a progressive office in Nashville while receiving mentorship and support from seasoned industry professionals in the market.
The LBMC Audit Staff Accountant will work on a diverse set of accounting and auditing projects encompassing client operations across a wide range of industries. Qualified candidates will typically be assigned 8-12 client accounts and will rotate projects based on company needs and project stakeholder timelines, so this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to work in a fast-paced environment where no two weeks are the same! High-performing candidates have a clearly defined path for advancement to Senior Staff and upper-level management roles within LBMC.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Receive mentorship from seasoned industry professionals on how to utilize standardized firm best-practices to audit our clients' processes and procedures in established areas to assess risk and evaluate efficiency and effectiveness
- Act in a consultative manner to audit areas of client operations including, but not limited to; cash, A/R, A/P, inventories, property and equipment, long-term debt, accrued expenses, equity, revenues, expenses, internal controls, analytical procedures
- Work collaboratively with assigned project team members to compile appropriate documentation and present audit results to clients
- Under the direction of Managers and Senior Staff, work diligently building relationships with key stakeholders at client organizations to continue to foster a long-term partnership between the LBMC Audit Department and external clients. High-performing individuals will be alert to client needs for the possible expansion of services to other LBMC service lines
- Adheres to LBMCs defined processes and procedures including the firm's policy on privacy and client confidentiality. Knows and follows the rules, regulations, and the Code of Professional Conduct of the AICPA, the Tennessee Society of CPAs, the Tennessee Board of Public Accountancy, and other regulating bodies as appropriate.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor's Degree and ability to sit for the CPA exam (150 credit hours)
- Exposure to public accounting is a plus (internships or full-time work accepted)
- Willingness to travel to client sites as requested
Diversity and Inclusion at LBMC
Commitment to our team members, clients, and the communities in which we work. At LBMC, our mission of delivering the best to our clients and each other every day is rooted in our unique differences. Our engagement, growth and success are at their best when team members have equal opportunity and are included. Diversity brings value to LBMC by connecting us with our community and driving innovation.
LBMC provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Powered by JazzHR