Account Director, Scientific Communications
IQVIA is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients.
Our Medical and Patient Communications team is a full-service Medical Communications agency, with bases in the USA and Europe. Supporting our clients from Phase II onwards, we provide highly impactful communications programs to engage healthcare professionals, payers and patients, which harness the power of IQVIAs healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
As part of an exciting growth plan, a role has been created for an experienced Account Director, to sit within our 15-strong Account Management team. Reporting to and supporting our Account Management Directors, you will lead delivery of a portfolio of global, European and US-based client accounts, accountable for effective delivery, client relationships, financial health and overall growth of the business. The key objective of this role is to drive forward our Scientific Communications business, within our growing Scientific Communications practice, specifically related to Medical Affairs services including evidence communication, publications and Medical Information content.
A passion for Medical Information, you will add this specialist experience to our skills mix, and will have experience selling and delivering these services, in addition to strong account management skills. You will have an exciting opportunity to help shape the strategy for the growth of our Scientific Communications practice area, integrating this new capability into IQVIA's wider raft of services for Medical Affairs customers, mining opportunities for new engagements, and leading our strategic and delivery teams to execute projects and programs. Role Overview
In this role you will:
- Take some overall responsibility and accountability for the direction, strategy, delivery and quality of a portfolio of smaller client accounts, leading account teams to achieve these goals
- Be accountable for the contracting and financial management / performance of your accounts including forecasting and profitability
- Produce high quality Account Plans for your portfolio of smaller clients and provide input to other plans, demonstrating measurable growth year on year as a result of your strategy
- Achieve Net New Business and revenue targets to achieve growth across your accounts and win new opportunities
- Take on leadership of some new business proposals, coordinating the right team members to contribute and liaising with client programs and procurement teams throughout; and for leading client presentations to pitch and refine opportunities, achieving a strong hit rate for wins
- Provide strategic counsel and guidance to clients, cultivating strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers and assisting them to achieve their goals through the proposal and development of high-quality communications solutions
- Provide strategic direction on allocated accounts encompassing all aspects of program / project development using knowledge of market issues, company and strategic project objectives
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of customer organizations and high visibility within them, demonstrating quality contact with senior-level client stakeholders both within client teams and across product franchises. Raise the profile of MPC team wider services, and IQVIA, within target client companies
- Work with wider IQVIA colleagues including Consulting, Real World Evidence, Medical Information and Medical Field Teams, to harmonies IQVIA footprint with key clients and offer improved and integrated solutions
- Work closely with project management team to ensure the delivery of agreed solution and take overall responsibility for the quality of deliverables and outputs ensuring client satisfaction and compliance with our SOPs
- Review financial performance of allocated client portfolio, including meeting sales, servicing, profitability targets and obtaining proposal and budget sign off prior to senior review
- Lead contracting of new projects in accordance with MPC SoPs
- Identify opportunities for business growth through new product development as well as increasing market share
- Maintain general knowledge of all Medical and Patient Communications services and demonstrate appropriate cross-sell opportunities as part of Account Plan and results
- Collaboratively work with members of the MPC Leadership team to deliver the companys strategic plan, taking responsibility for specific assignments and company initiatives
- Participate in relevant industry forums and establish a reputation and network within the wider marketing communications industry
- The successful candidate will have proven expertise in excellent account leadership working in a medical communications organization
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer literacy, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively through others in a global environment to deliver results
- Effective leadership skills in a matrix environment with proven people management skills
- Demonstrated track record of proactive risk management, using key metrics and performance data
- Good strategic thinking ability and ability to apply organizationally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Demonstrated track record of good judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities.
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIAs ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled