At CoreCivic, our employees are driven bya deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibilityto better the public good. We are currently seeking an Academic Instructor
who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in aninstitutional, secure setting. Come join a team that is dedicated tomaking an impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Academic Instructor provides instruction in basic education subjects such as mathematics, science, social studies, reading, writing and language arts, to help inmates/students learn skills that will contribute to their development as mature, responsible citizens. The Academic Instructor maintains a positive learning environment, adopting secure classroom management practices, and develops level appropriate lesson plans.
- Prepare course objectives following curriculum standards and applicable requirements by contract
- Plan a program of study, lesson plans, assignments, and tests under general supervision.
- Provides instruction using course outline, handouts and texts, audiovisual aids and other materials.
- Administer tests to evaluate students' progress and competency with subject matter.
- Assist students with individualized instruction as needed.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE including Disability/Veteran.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree is required.
- A teaching license is preferred.
- Must possess or be eligible for certification, license or other credentials required by contract and/or state of employment.
- Continued employment in this position will be contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining required agency credentials.
- Three years of classroom instruction experience is preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.